Winter is just around the corner and I decided to upgrade my winter capsule wardrobe. Here is what I found about the latest trend in winter wear.
Slouchy is in.
Gone are the fitted silhouettes. Now you can be super comfortable in these slouchy coats.Think cape coats,drapes, shawls,woolen ponchos.
A nice trend as it helps to layer and hide all the weight from festive bingeing.
Symmetry was never so passe. Go for asymmetric hemlines to add the oomph factor.
Rather than wearing a single super warm piece, wear layers . You can use your summer sheers and add them in layers to give a very modern twist.
Long is the way to go.
Length is back in trend. Wear long coats with tights and boots. It is slimming and warm.
Shearling is in.
It is not pure sheepskin but a synthetic fabric that looks like the original.
Welcome to the comfortable fall fashion.
This fall ditch the blacks and browns for color. Psychedelic prints.geometric cuts.splashes of color will keep you upbeat and beat the gloom. Invest in colorful trenches, printed bright scarves and and pop colored totes….amazing. If you are not confident of so much color add neutral pieces for your lowers. This instantly makes your outfit just right. Or you can carry forward your summer tops by teaming them up bright lowers. Sheer tops from summer can be layered with shearling jackets and cape coats to give an interesting look. There is no strict divisions between summer and winter wear if you layer sensibly. And on the flip side your Summer Capsule wardrobe can be carried forward into winter.
Layer the sheers for a sexy winter look.
Graphic coats are the new fashion trend.
Go pop colored with the accessories.
So spruce up your wardrobe with color this fall.
BE HAPPY ALWAYS
Now whenever we talk of layers we mostly think of winter layering .That is what we are going to talk about today.
I remember a day around four to five years back.
It was a cold winter windy day and I stepped out in my heavy overcoat and warm pants . I threw on a stole for good measure thinking I was looking every bit a fashionista. Even then I was not very warm. It was then I saw a girl looking perfectly at ease with herself and of course not shuddering in the cold like me. She was not looking dull and dreary but very lively and full of color on that cold dark day. She was not at all frumpy and I was amazed to see that she had no overcoat on, but her outfit had multiple layers. And that is when it struck me. Yes layering your clothes helps you keep warmer in winters and of course it allows for more color and style in your clothes.
See the difference in the two pictures? Which look is more appealing? Of course the second one.
So to highlight the important aspects of intelligent layering in winters:
1) Add layers of different lengths.
2) The layers should not be of the same color . They can be of shades of the same color or of totally different colors.
3) Use falling fabrics in the inner layers.
4) You can mix and match fabrics of different weaves to make the look interesting. You can wear woollens in thin weaves and top it with slightly heavier ones.
5) Add a muffler or a pop coloured stole. It will not only add to the warmth but also make you stand out in the crowd.
6) And last but not the least …layer your jeggings or jeans with a pair of smart boots. They can be ankle or calf length or even thigh high. You can add cable knit socks to the boots as shown.
So dearies, layer it up and discover a new outfit with each layer!
Layering creates magic . Putting on layers creates new outfits from old ones, adds style, helps you subdue dark colors and is the new fashion statement. Layering can be either winter layering or you can add layers to your sheer summer outfits. First summer layering i.e. Part 1
1) Layering in summer is about a fitted inner layer and a flowy upper layer. It works something like wearing a chemise underneath a see through top.
2). But now your inner layer does not have to be dull and pathetic. You can spruce up your outfit by having a contrast inner in dark colors, printed inners beneath plain sheer fabrics or longer inners with shorter tops.
3) You can have multiple layers. one can add a nice flowy stole as the topmost layer and the lastly layer it further with a nice neckpiece.
4) Even the lowers can be layered. A sheer pair of leggings going into thigh high boots can also make a fashion statement.
5) Because it is summer bright colors in sheer fabrics(Georgette.chiffon) and even crochet and lace can look good while layering.
6)You can even increase the length of your short dress by wearing a longer dress in a thin fabric in a bright color or same color under your short dress.
So as you can see you can work wonders by layering. Add color, add length, add style…voila there is a new you!
Next we shall talk about winter layering.
Till then do try out these wonderful options.