Age is just a number they say. Ok, done. You may grow old in body but not in mind. Fine.Your body may ache, the mind may forget and you may be depressed…but age is just a number Ok, agreed.
There are benefits and drawbacks.
You can get away with murder. No not literally,but there are many situations where many concessions are awarded to the senior citizens.
- Train and plane tickets are cheaper.
- You shall always be offered seats in a public place.
- You can conveniently afford to forget birthdays,anniversaries ….blame it on senile dementia. So you can forget to give gifts.
- Your birthdays will be celebrated with great pomp and show.
- Dress up a little and post your picture on social media sites. You will surely receive more than 100 likes, leave aside the compliments.
- Go for a morning walk,control your diabetes, and you will always be complimented on being so well maintained.
- Write a blog and you will always be a successful blogger, for very few of your age manage to do it.
- You shall receive innumerable gifts, as now you even have grandchildren.
- You can relax and enjoy all family events secretly sipping your wine, as you are too old to do anything else.
- Sleeping during the day is a luxury you can indulge in, as you have insomnia.
- Can say no to sex anytime you are not in a mood…after all your age doesn’t allow it!
- You can ogle at the younger lot without suspicion….maybe he /she reminds you of your granddaughter/grandson.(you can hug them too.)
So I think aching bones, wrinkles, dementia and insomnia are a very small price to pay for all the great benefits listed above.
HAPPY OLD AGE