Now whenever we talk of layers we mostly think of winter layering .That is what we are going to talk about today.
I remember a day around four to five years back.
It was a cold winter windy day and I stepped out in my heavy overcoat and warm pants . I threw on a stole for good measure thinking I was looking every bit a fashionista. Even then I was not very warm. It was then I saw a girl looking perfectly at ease with herself and of course not shuddering in the cold like me. She was not looking dull and dreary but very lively and full of color on that cold dark day. She was not at all frumpy and I was amazed to see that she had no overcoat on, but her outfit had multiple layers. And that is when it struck me. Yes layering your clothes helps you keep warmer in winters and of course it allows for more color and style in your clothes.
See the difference in the two pictures? Which look is more appealing? Of course the second one.
So to highlight the important aspects of intelligent layering in winters:
1) Add layers of different lengths.
2) The layers should not be of the same color . They can be of shades of the same color or of totally different colors.
3) Use falling fabrics in the inner layers.
4) You can mix and match fabrics of different weaves to make the look interesting. You can wear woollens in thin weaves and top it with slightly heavier ones.
5) Add a muffler or a pop coloured stole. It will not only add to the warmth but also make you stand out in the crowd.
6) And last but not the least …layer your jeggings or jeans with a pair of smart boots. They can be ankle or calf length or even thigh high. You can add cable knit socks to the boots as shown.
So dearies, layer it up and discover a new outfit with each layer!